City of Havre de Grace Weekly Briefing
Week of Monday October 9, 2017
- Life At The Rock: “William T. Martin Meet Your Mayor.” View Article
- The Aegis: “HdG hopes four-year project will end generations of Lilly Run flooding.” View Article
- Havre de Grace Patch: “Havre De Grace Oktoberfest Set For October 14.” View Article
Department of Administration:
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OFF-SITE COUNCIL MEETING
Per Resolution No. 2017-03, as adopted by the Mayor and City Council of Havre de Grace, the next regularly scheduled Council Meeting for October 16, 2017, will be held at the Maritime Museum, located at 100 Lafayette St., Havre de Grace, MD. The meeting will begin that evening at 7:00 PM.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Mayor and City Council of Havre de Grace will hold a Public Hearing at our off-site Council Meeting, located at 100 Lafayette St., Havre de Grace, MD on October 16, 2017 beginning at 7:00 p.m. The purpose of the Hearing will be to receive public comment on the proposed Ordinance 993 which concerns itself with boat mooring and other activities in the shallow waters surrounding the City Water Plant. Click here to view proposed Ordinance 993.
- The Havre de Grace Housing Authority is looking for donations of Halloween costumes new or gently used. These costumes will go to those in need if you can help please contact Shannon Ingle at 410-939-2097
- If your community would like an officer to attend you’re HOA, club, or organization meeting to discuss anything crime or law enforcement related please contact Cpl. Petz at 410-939-2121 to get that scheduled.
Department of Public Works:
- There will be no Bulk Collection Service this Friday, October 13th.
- Harford County has clarified that bamboo, rootballs, soil or dirt, thistle, and other noxious weeds are not Yard Waste. These items can be disposed of with regular household trash. Please call City Hall should you have any questions.
STORMWATER MANAGEMENT UPDATES
Reminder: Since fall, is here keep your stormdrains clear of leaves, grass, trash and tree debris at all times to minimize flooding in the streets, and on your property when it rains.
- The City is progressing with plans for stormwater management facility retrofits/improvements. Keep watching the updates for the improvements happening throughout the City.
- Concord Point Park Pond Retrofit and Infiltration Facilities Construction – Early 2018
- Pedestrian Bridge Abutment Design Over Lilly Run
SPOTLIGHT: Thank you to all those keeping the stormwater ponds, drains and pipes clear of debris and in working order! Preventative maintenance is a key element to improving the quality of water draining to the Bay.
Department of Finance:
- Slip Contract Renewals will be mailed in the next two weeks. If you have unpaid slip electric fees, please pay by October 15th or your renewal contract could be delayed.
- Register for e-Billing online or contact Michele or Donna at 410-939-1800.
Department of Planning:
- Building permits are required for sheds, fences, renovations, decks, and other alterations to buildings and property. If your property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area, there may be State requirements to comply with also. When hiring a contractor, be sure they are licensed by the State of Maryland. Contact the Department of Planning (410) 939-1800 ext 1102 for permit fees and details.
- Home values and neighborhood quality are negatively impacted when property is not kept up. If you notice a property that has abandoned vehicles, appliances, furniture, trash, or tall grass and weeds, please contact the Department of Planning (410) 939-1800 ext 1102.
Department of Economic Development:
- The Route 40 Business Association will hold their monthly membership meeting and reception at Mount Felix Winery, 2000 Level Rd., Wed., October 11, From 5-7 p.m. For information or to register for this free networking opportunity visit www.route40business.com
- Susquehanna Workforce Network will hold the 29th Annual Job Fair from noon to 4 p.m. at Ripken Stadium, 873 Long Dr., Aberdeen, on Thursday, October 12. To register for the job fair visit www.swnetwork.org
- The Harford County Office of Economic Development’s next Business Finance Seminar will be at The GroundFloor, 2021 Pulaski Hwy., Havre de Grace, at 6 p.m., with the topic The Law & Your Business.
- The Aberdeen Proving Ground Centennial Gala will be held at Aberdeen Corporate Park from 7 to 11 p.m., on Friday, October 20. To purchase tickets visit www.apg100.org
Office of Tourism:
- Harford Plein Air, an outdoor painting festival, will take place throughout Harford County from October 13-15.
- Havre de Grace Crab Feast will be held on Friday October 13, sponsored by the Havre de Grace Chamber of Commerce. Tickets available at the Visitor Center.
- Havre de Haunts begins their paranormal tours in Havre de Grace. Join them on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Tuck Everlasting the musical will continue this weekend at The Cultural Center at the Opera House…get your tickets soon, some shows have already sold out!
- Farmers Market- the market will be set up on Saint John Street this week in order to accommodate the Oktoberfest in Hutchins Park.
- Vulcan Quarry Crusher Run will take place at the Vulcan Quarry in Havre de Grace. Challenge yourself by running down massive declines into the earth and straight back up to the top!
- Havre de Grace will be holding their 3rd Annual Oktoberfest in Hutchins Park from 12- 7. Free Admission! There will be plenty of German food, German beer, German music and dancers and a Kids Zone with crafts and games.
Cultural Center at the Opera House
- “Darling Lili” (WW1 Film Series) on Monday, Oct. 9 at 8pm
- Scottfield Theatre Company presents Tuck Everlasting on Friday and Saturday, October 13 & 14 at 8pm and Sunday, October 15 at 2pm.