Curbside Collections & Hazardous Waste Disposal


Only 2 holidays throughout the year have a change: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. When inclement weather poses a problem for our contractor, an announcement via this website and social media will be posted.

The Curbside Collection Program for City Residents is provided by our contractor – Waste Industries. For details about Curbside Collections, please click on the following link:
2018 Curbside Collection

To find your Collection Day by Street Name, please click on the following link:
Collection by Streets-2018

Still have questions about Curbside Collections, please call the Department of Public Works or the contractor- Waste Industries directly at 410-457-0404.

Bulk Item Collection Weather Permitting, this service is provided by the City’s Department of Public Works. For details, click on photo:

Information regarding Hazardous Waste Disposal:

Where can I dispose of motor oil and/or anti-freeze?

The City of Havre de Grace provides a drop container located at Jerry Foster Way.  The container is available to you 24 hours a day.  Directions: Revolution Street to Seneca Ave., right on Wilson St, right on Jerry Foster Way.

Where can I dispose of paint cans?

Aerosol cans – only when EMPTY- may go out with regular trash.
Latex (water-based) Paint: Wet paint cannot go into the trash.  However, if the paint inside the can is dry, then it can go out in the regular trash.  Make sure the lid is off.  If the paint inside the can is still wet, remove the lid, allow the air to dry the paint, or add sand or kitty litter to absorb it and allow to dry.  Once the paint is dry, then it can be put out with the regular trash – lid off.
Oil-based Paint – this is considered hazardous waste and must be taken to the Scarboro Landfill located at 3135 Scarboro Road, Street, MD 21154 Ph: 410-638-3018