September 12, 2018 Update Regarding Hurricane Florence:
The latest weather reports indicate Hurricane Florence is likely to make landfall later this week along the U.S. Southeast Coast. As the storm moves closer, the City will closely monitor, prepare and coordinate, with local and county emergency services as necessary. We are anticipating higher-than normal waters along the waterfront and low-lying areas over the course of the next several days.
As of right now:
- Conowingo Dam: 13 gates open; Expectation is that an additional 4 may be opened within the next 8 hours.
- Dock Street Dam(Harrisburg, Pa): Appears to be peaking this morning; and Marietta Dam this evening.
- Winds are slight (7 mph) and from the North West (which will help)
- Based on the current path of the storm, we are expecting a minimum impact.
- Carnival on The Chesapeake: Ride operator decided to withdraw on Tuesday, September 11, 2018- a rain date will be announced.
- Susquehanna River Running Festival: Promoters and Harford County EOC will continue to hold daily briefings to evaluate conditions and make a determination as to the race itself.
- Farmers Market, Yard Sale and the International Food Truck Festival will occur as scheduled.
Important Phone Numbers/links:
- Police (Emergency):911
- Police (Non-Emergency): 410-939-2121
- Conowingo Dam Spill Hotline: 877-457-2525
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts from the City of Havre de Grace: https://harfordcounty.bbcportal.com/