Attention this is an important message from the City of Havre de Grace. Due to several large events taking place in our city this weekend, we are anticipating a higher than normal amount of vehicular and pedestrian traffic participating in the Running Festival and the Community Yard Sale on Saturday, September 15th.
The City will be hosting The Susquehanna River Running Festival Half Marathon and 5K Race which will start at Tydings Park at 8AM
- Cars are not allowed to be parked between 5 A.M and noon on the streets with no parking signs
- Closed streets will last through the duration of the race which is expected to clear by noon
Prior to the beginning of the race at 6 a.m. you can expect the following road closures.
- Union Avenue from Commerce St to Otsego St
- MD-155 East Bound will be reduced to one lane as you enter Havre de Grace.
- Superior St will be closed between Ohio St and Juniata St. All traffic must use Ohio St to US-40 / Otsego St.
- Juniata St will be closed between Superior St and Otsego St
- Commerce St will be closed between S Stokes St and Market St
- US-40 East Bound will be reduced to one lane from Lewis Lane to MD-222 (Perryville Rd/Aiken Ave), including the Hatem Bridge
- US-40 East Bound will be shifted into the US-40 West Bound lanes from Otsego St to MD-222 (Perryville Rd/Aiken Ave)
- St John St will be closed.
- Market St will be closed between St. John St and Commerce St
- Girard St will be closed between Market St and Concord St
- Concord St will be closed between Girard St and Lewis Ln
- Lewis Lane will be closed between Concord St and Market St
The race is expected to finish at 12 p.m.
On Sunday, September 16 The International Havre de Grace Food Truck Festival start at 12 p.m at Hutchins Park.
You can expect a large amount of traffic in this area during this event.
- Please monitor Havre de Grace Police Social Media for updates on the day of race.
- For questions, please call the HDG Police Department at 410-939-2121