City of Havre de Grace Weekly Briefing
Week of Monday February 27, 2018
Department of Administration:
- We would like to congratulate Mayor William T. Martin on being named Harford County’s Best Elected Official for 2017 by Harford Magazine. View Article.
- With the warm weather starting to show up please review these tips to be a safer driver and walker on the roads.
- Please follow Havre de Grace High School on Twitter and Havre de Grace High School Facebook Page to stay up to date on all things happening at Havre de Grace High School.
- When it’s raining make sure you’re using your headlights and windshield wipers. Let’s keep the roads safe on days where the conditions are unfavorable!
- If you know where any illegal drug activity is taking place around Havre de Grace please fill out the Havre de Grace Drug Tip Form https://goo.gl/SnD2v9 Together we can stop the drug trade in our community.
Department of Public Works:
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Maritime Museum for their grant award to restore the shoreline riparian buffer. Watch for more improvements to the shoreline many of which will include informational signage to enlighten visitors on purpose and partnerships involved with shoreline and runoff improvements as we strive to keep our waterways clean.
- The City has 100% design for Lilly Run Phase I, Wetland Enhancement near the current Middle School. Watch for next steps. Construction will begin this year.
- Stormwater pond revitalization and landscape infiltration areas construction has begun at Concord Point Park. These improvements will help protect the River and Bay from stormwater runoff and the pollutants it carries.
- Design of pedestrian bridge abutments over Lilly Run near the Lock House continues. Watch for more information on this connection of the Joe K Trail loop.
- Design of the City’s stormwater management pond retrofit and habitat creation at Bradford Green is underway. Watch for these enhancements soon.
- The enhancements planned for Lilly Run and Bradford Green will be set up to serve as educational opportunities for local students.
- Inspections for illicit discharges have been completed for the year with none testing positive for harmful elements.
- WATCH for other stormwater pollution removal projects happening in the City. The smallest effort counts!!
- Please report any illicit activity on the storm drains by calling City Hall at 410-939-1800 or by using the “REPORT” button on our website.
- Be thinking of and planning small measures you can take on your own property to mitigate stormwater runoff around your home. For more information please call Stephanie at 410-939-1800.
- Reminder: Please keep your storm drains clear of leaves, grass, trash and debris at all times to minimize flooding in the streets and on your property when we have a weather event.
Department of Finance:
- Please Do Not Put Cash in the Drop Box at City Hall.
- Having trouble paying your water bill or tax bill? The City will accept monthly payments to your account to alleviate the burden of paying all at one time. Penalties will apply to any unpaid balance after the due date and tax bills must be paid by May 31st to avoid tax sale.
- Don’t let a running toilet run up your water bill. Visit the ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY’S website for tips on eliminating leaks in your home and ideas on how to conserve water at: https://www.epa.gov/watersense
- When making Tax or Water/Sewer payments online, please be sure to use the correct account number for the correct bill for which you are trying to pay. If you enter your tax id when you are wanting to pay your water bill, the payment will be posted to your taxes. The payment always follows the account number!
- Sign up for Water/Sewer e-Billing at www.havredegracemd.com. Click on e-Billing Registration.
Office of Tourism:
- The recent Mardi Gras Parade was a success. Over 3,100 people were in attendance with 250 people participating in the parade. More than 8,000 beads where thrown during the event.
Cultural Center at the Opera House:
- “The Triplets of Belleville” (B&W Film Series) on Tuesday, February 27 at 8pm
- Havre de Grace Arts Collective and Smash Hits WHGM present “Business After Hours” networking event on Thursday, March 1 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
- Tidewater presents “Without A Clue” on Friday and Saturday, March 2 & 3 at 8:00pm as well as Sunday, March 4 at 2:00pm.