- City Hall will be closed September 4, 2017
- The Mayor and City Council will meet Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- The Water/Sewer Commission will meet Friday, September 8, 2017
- Do not drink and drive on this long holiday weekend. Officers will be aggressively looking for impaired driver.
- School starts on Tuesday, please make sure you are looking for pedestrians in the cross walks.
- With fall sports beginning, please follow parking rules at Harris Stadium and do not park on yellow curbs. You will be ticketed.
DPW – Division of Stormwater Management:
- Reminder: Keep your stormdrains clear of leaves, grass, trash and tree debris at all times to minimize flooding in the streets and on your property.
- The average automobile can be swept off the road in 12 inches of moving water, and roads covered by water are prone to collapse. Attempting to drive through water also may stall your engine, with the potential to cause irreparable damage if you try to restart the engine. If you come upon a flooded street, take an alternate route.
- If anyone notices someone dumping into a stormdrain please notify City Hall at 410-939-1800, ext. 1128. Anything going into the drains except for stormwater is illicit.
Office of Tourism:
- September 7- Thursday Night Sailboat Races
- September 9- Farmers Market at Hutchins Park
- September 9- 29th Annual Children’s Arts & Crafts Festival at Tydings Park. A fun filled day featuring entertainment for children under 12, hands-on crafts, scarecrow making and children’s art tent. Free admission
- September 10- 7th Annual Blessing of the Animals & Pets Expo @ Tydings Park. Blessing of your pet, free gift with blessings. Pet-oriented vendors, face painting, children’s craft, Police K-9 demonstration, a fun-filled time with your pets!