The City’s Marina Manager, along with Public Works staff is responsible for the Yacht Basin, the Promenade and all City-owned waterfront piers and launching sites. Tasks include regular maintenance of decking, pilings, bulkhead and lighting; as well as, ensuring a safe entry and exit for boaters to our waterways.
Yacht Basin Waiting Policy:
- Waiting list will consist of a chronological list of applicants who wish to lease a slip.
- All applications shall list the name, date, address, phone numbers, and boat length, beam, draft, manufacturer, and model year. All applicants shall pay a $50.00 non-refundable fee to reserve a position on the Waiting List. Application fee will not be applied to any slip fees, taxes or other costs.
- All contact with applicants will be by phone. It is the duty of the applicant to update the information to keep all data current and relevant.
- At the end of each lease term, the vacant slips will be offered first to the current permanent slip-holders for relocation as approved by marina manager (island slip-holders do not qualify as current permanent slip-holders), and secondly to waiting list applicants.
- All slip assignments shall be made by the marina manager or agent for The City of Havre de Grace.
- Waiting list applicants shall be given a maximum of two opportunities to decline a slip. After two opportunities to obtain a slip, the applicant will be removed from the list. If they wish to remain on the list they will start at the bottom of the list.
- No slips shall be pro-rated until after September 1st.
- If a current lessee sells their vessel, they may allow the buyer to use the same slip for the balance of the season
Annual Slip Contract Payment Schedule:
- Slip Contracts will be mailed by November 1st
- Payment Options are as follows:Option 1: A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of 50% of the payment must be received by December 1st and balance will be due February 1st. Late charges of 10% will take effect February 15th and NO payments will be accepted past March 1st.
- Option 2: In the event the 50% deposit is not received by December 1st, 100% of the slip contract payment will be due no later than December 31, late fees take effect January 15th and no payments accepted past January 31