- Annual Report of the State of the Havre de Grace Water/Sewer Fund 9
- ***Snow Emergency Route*** The Havre de Grace Police would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of the importance of keeping our designated snow emergency routes clear of parked vehicles during times of snow emergency plan activation. The Maryland State Highway Administration is responsible for activating the snow emergency plans and is responsible to plow these designated routes. During a declared snow emergency your vehicle should not be parked on any designated Snow Emergency Route. If your vehicle inhibits the plowing process or otherwise inhibits the safe passage along these routes we may tow vehicles on the snow emergency route. The towing of vehicles will only occur in order to ensure the safe passage of emergency vehicles along these routes. The Route is Revolution Street to Union Avenue to Otsego Street and can be seen in the attached picture. From the Havre de Grace City Code in regards to a snow emergency: § 190-41 Travel and parking. A. A person may not drive or attempt to drive a motor vehicle on any street that is designated and appropriately sign-posted as a snow emergency street during the period in which a snow emergency has been declared and is in effect unless the vehicle is equipped with chains or snow tires, as defined by state motor vehicle laws, on at least one wheel at each end of a driving axle. B. A person may not park a vehicle on any street, or on any side of or portion of any street, that is designated and appropriately sign-posted as a snow emergency street during the period in which a snow emergency has been declared and is in effect. The City police may have any vehicle which is parked in violation of this article towed from the street and stored, and the cost of such towing and storage shall be paid by the owner.
- NOTICE OF CLOSED MEETING: February 19, 2019; at the adjournment of the scheduled Council Meeting that starts at 7:00 p.m Location: City Hall 711 Pennington Ave Havre de Grace, MD 21078
- The Mayor and City Council will meet Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7 p.m.
- Due to inclement weather the planning commission meeting originally scheduled for February 11, 2019 at been postponed.
- Attention Residents of Brian Garth in Bayview Estates – The Public Works Team is on site today (Friday, Feb. 8, 2019) repairing a water main break. The repair should be completed by 2 pm if not before. Please call the Public Works Operations Center at 410-939-1800 x2100 should you have any questions.
- Youth Commission Application (Youth Members)
- The Mayor and City Council will meet Monday, February 4, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF PUBLIC WORK SESSION The Mayor and City Council will conduct a Public Work Session in the City Council Chambers, 711 Pennington Avenue, at 6:00 p.m. on January 30, 2019. In accordance with Ordinance 953; which states each City board, commission or committee by its chair or designee shall attend at least one annual joint Public Work Session with the Mayor and City Council along with all of the other City boards, committees or commissions.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF PUBLIC HEARING The Mayor and City Council of Havre de Grace will hold a Public Hearing located at 711 Pennington Ave, Havre de Grace, MD 21078, on February 4, 2019 beginning at 7:00 p.m. The purpose of the Public Hearing will be to receive public comment on Ordinance 1013 which concerns repealing an assessment and fee related to trees. A copy of the draft Ordinance 1013 is available for review at City Hall and at www.havredegracemd.com